"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

08 July 2011

boulder post 1

Guess I fell asleep a little too soon for a couple nights in a row. Back to the blogging--we white-water rafted! Both for the first time, and it was fantastic. The water, splashing on us so cold but refreshing, felt amazing and we both wanted to stay out there on the rapids (read: creek) to raft all day long! We do have pictures--like legit pictures, taken by a real photographer--which we purchased so we get to load those soon. :) Today we arrived in the Boulder area but we haven't yet seen the city. That comes tonight. We spent a large portion of the day hanging out at the local sushi place, talking and of course eating. Either tomorrow or the next day we tackle the nearby areas of the national park. Shall be exciting, probably, and now we have more experience in preparing for a longer hike. Our hotel here is nice and we are lapping up the luxury--but to be honest, I already miss the hot springs and being able to jump in a warm pool at a moment's notice. Visiting a hot springs in the southwest is definitely something I want to continue to do in my future. It's truly relaxing and makes me grateful to be able to soak up that relaxation.

I've been a little off today, and I guess yesterday, and I'm not sure why that is but I feel a little off center. I need to get back on point quick and be grateful for everything that is in front of me. I am grateful, I mean, but I want to get back on center. I think I'm feeling the weight of not knowing what kind of job I'll have when I return back to the states--it's been feeling like it's looming over me and I know this is something a lot of other graduates are facing as well. I guess all we can do is be brave and have a little faith and hope for lady luck to be on our side. In the meantime I'll try my best to enjoy the beauty of Colorado. :)